Spring Retreat at Pine Cove
April 21 – 23, 2017
Who participates in the FPC Spring Retreat at Pine Cove?
- Church members, visitors, friends, family
- Singles, Couples, Families with Children, Families without Children, Groups of Friends
- Very young to Young-at-Heart
What do we do?
- Relax in rocking chairs, swings, hammocks, benches
- Canoe, paddleboat, horseback riding, ziplining
- Stroll along the paths and shore of the pond in the beautiful piney woods of East Texas
- Visit with friends, old and new
- Enjoy campfire sing-a-longs and S’mores
- Rest well in hotel-style accommodations
On Saturday morning, we will have a time when children can participate in planned activities, while the adults enjoy a thought provoking time of study and conversation. We are excited this year to have Rev. Dr. John Williams leading us as our speaker and worship leader. Our topic for discussion will be:
Lessons from Chadwick’s Mill: Being Presbyterian Right Here and Right Now
According to the title character in the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”: Life moves pretty fast; if you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Participants in this conversation will be invited to “stop and look around”:
- at the obscure story of a mill on the Colorado River upstream from Austin;
- at the culture we’re living in;
- at the history of the Presbyterian Church in this country over the last 50 years;
- at some places in the Bible that we don’t often visit; and
- at some of the things that make Presbyterians weird.
There will be references to Chicken Little, ghost towns, sex, foreigners, and some dead white men named John.
And it has a happy ending.
You can download a registration brochure below or register and pay online here.
Scholarships are available upon request. Please do not let cost keep you from attending. For scholarship information, please contact Bonnie Edwards, Director of Adult Ministries at (214) 748-8051 x225.
Please let us know if you have any questions or would like any additional information about the retreat. We are looking forward to a great weekend – and we hope you can join us!
For questions or additional information, contact Amy Aamold at 214-507-9009.