The Frederick Douglass S.T.E.M. Academy students and staff have returned to classes and it is time for First Presbyterian Church of Dallas members and friends to show our support for a second year in a row. Here are some just a few opportunities for you to explore.
- Become a reading mentor the first Friday of most months September through May. The target start date is September 9. To get started, click here to create a DISD volunteer account and request a background check. If you already have an account, update it for 2018-2019.
- Help serve refreshments at a parent workshop breakfast (usually the first Friday of the month) or at the Pajama Read-In the last day of school before winter break.
- Be a part of the teacher appreciation event team serving a meal once or twice during the school year.
- Organize your Sunday school class or workplace to collect Christmas toys.
- Collect school supplies for the February supply drive.
- Donate new or gently used children's books for teachers' classroom libraries or for children to take home.
- Donate items to show teachers they are appreciated (gift cards, school-related items, personal care items) to be given out at teacher appreciation events.
- Donate personal hygiene items for students for the February drive
For more information on how you can get involved, contact Eunice Fernandez by email or leave a note in Elder Box 3 located in Church Street near the Welcome Center.